|Broccoli and Paneer Stir Fry|
This is another quick and easy recipe. I have used Paneer in this recipe but could be substituted with Tofu as well. This recipe has been in my folder for so long and decided its high time it sees the light of the blogosphere. This recipe was created just on the spur of the moment when one afternoon I really did not have much time to prepare lunch and wanted something which was quick and delicious.When I made this dish I must say I was pleasantly surprised and loved it and so did my 3 1/2 year old. It goes well with just plain rice.
- 1 lb broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 lb Paneer(Indian Cottage cheese) cubed
- 1 small red bell pepper/capsicum cubed
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 bunch spring onions (6-8) chopped *
- 2-3 green chillies slit
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch/cornflour dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan or Kadhai. Add minced garlic and the whites of the spring onions. Add paneer and stir fry on high flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, red bell pepper , green chillies and stir fry on high for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the soy sauce, vinegar, red chilli sauce and stir it well.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and stir for about a minute. Adjust the salt. Remove from the fire.
- Garnish with the greens of the spring onions kept aside.
- Serve your Broccolli and Paneer Stir fry with white rice.
- This recipe serves 4.