Vegetable Hakka Noodles is simply loved by everyone. I would call it an Indo-Chinese dish. Hakka noodles are flat noodles and they are quick cooking noodles. Since I'm a big fan of Quick, Easy and Healthy Meals its no secret why this recipe finds itself here.
- 1 packet Hakka Noodles (Ching's Secret)
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrot cut into julienne
- 1 cup green bell pepper sliced
- 1 bunch of spring onions chopped
- 1/4 cup ginger sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Prepare by chopping all the vegetables as shown.
*I buy carrots cut into thin strips like matchsticks...thats what you see in the picture. It's a real time saver.
- Now cook the noodles as per the package instructions. In case of Ching's Secret Hakka noodles. Boil 10 cups of water in a large pan. When the water comes to a boil, cook the noodles for ONLY 2 minutes. The noodles are cooked Al dente. Now drain the noodles and spread them on a flat surface. Add 1 teaspoon of oil onto the noodles to prevent them from sticking.
- Prepare the sauces : In one bowl take 1 teaspoon soy sauce,1 teaspoon green chilli sauce, 1 teaspoon chilli vinegar and 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce. The other bowl is 2 tablespoons of Schezwan sauce. This is optional. (I like to add this sauce as well to my vegetable hakka noodles though tradionally its added to Vegetable Schezwan noodles).
**You could adjust the seasonings to your taste if you think this is too hot for you . I use Ching's Secret Sauces.**
- Now heat oil in a wok or frying pan on a high flame. Add all the vegetables except the spring onions and stir-fry for about a minute. Add both the sauces and stir fry until vegetables are crunchy and half cooked. Now add the noodles and stir fry on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Ready to serve. Garnish with the chopped green onions.