Some benefits of including cabbage in our diet.
- They are a very good source of fiber to begin with.
- Loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and Manganese.
- They have Shown to have anti-cancer properties.
- Optimize Your Cells' Detoxification / Cleansing Ability.
- Promote Gastrointestinal Health.
- Promote Women's Health.
- Peptic Ulcer Treatment.
- Red Cabbage Is Protective against Alzheimer's Disease.
- Provide significant cardiovascular benefits as well.
For more detailed information about the above mentioned health benefits, kindly read here.
- 1 head of Red Cabbage chopped/shredded
- 1 cup shelled frozen peas (optional)
- 2-3 green chillies slit lenghtwise
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin-cilantro powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan/kadai. Keep the flame on medium heat. Add the mustard seeds. When they crackle add ginger and curry leaves. Saute for about a minute and add green chillies. Add the shredded red cabbage, turmeric powder, red chilli powder,cumin-cilantro powder and salt. Mix it well.
- Now cook this uncovered on low flame. Do not add any water. Keep stirring occasionally. When its almost cooked add the frozen peas and keep it on medium to high flame. When you see the peas are cooked . Add the fresh lemon juice and mix well.
- Red Cabbage Stir-fry is ready to be served as a side dish with Rice and Dal or as the main dish served with hot phulkas/Roti and Raita.