This is a pretty quick and easy recipe. For this particular cake, I have used one of my favorite frosting- Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy Chocolate Frosting. You could use any frosting of your choice.This post is even more precious to me as the pictures have been taken by my baking buddy- my 6 year old son. Since he always is so enthusiastic about his baking projects with his mom, I did let him take the clicks for this post and I'm very proud of him. I know I'm being boastful. When it comes to kids don't we all feel so proud to see our little ones..spread their wings and try to explore the world..and through their eyes and innocent hearts..this world is a such a beautiful place.
- 1 + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (180 deg C). Grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, sugar and vanilla essence
- Add milk, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Mix until all ingredients are blended , either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool. Then slice the cake through the middle to make two layers (easier if the cake has been in the fridge).
- Apply the frosting and your Rich and Creamy Chocolate cake is ready.
***Recipe adapted from here. Here you can also find the recipe for the Frosting (If you want to make it from scratch.)