Home | About Me | Recipe Index |

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Eggless Banana & Walnut Muffins




I stumbled across this recipe at "Saffron hut" and looking at the awesome results wanted to really test this recipe. This blog has so many amazing recipes with such beautiful clicks. So it was a no brainer when I decided to follow this recipe. I have also seen that there are no posts/updates for a long time now and going through her beautiful blog makes me feel and hope she begins blogging again. She is an asset to the blogging world. On that note I feel very guilty and really miss my blog and all my readers and do really wish I can keep posting regularly and visit you all more and be updated about all of you my blogger friends.
Why did I choose an Eggless recipe you might ask. I thought It would be a challenge to bake without eggs. People have been doing it for various reasons. Some by choice and some not by choice (for instance some are allergic to eggs). Also I had a few overripe bananas and since my son's home enjoying his summer break and he's always eager to try new baking recipes. So I got the ingredients ready and in fact he did the entire mixing and made the muffin preparation. I just helped him spoon them into the muffin cups and put it in the oven. So another great project to get the kids involved. I was really happy with the muffins and so proud to have my son as my baking buddy...

Ingredients :
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
  • 4 ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 tbsp chopped walnuts for sprinkling on the top

Preparation :
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  • Line the muffin pan with muffin paper cups/liners.
  • Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and keep it separate.
  • In another bowl mash the bananas. Add sugar and butter and mix it well.
  • Now gently add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix it well. Do not over mix it. Add the chopped walnuts. Mix it.
  • Fill the muffin cups upto 3/4 to the top with the muffin mix and sprinkle some chopped nuts on the top.
  • Bake for about 25 minutes or till the muffins turn golden brown.
  • This recipe makes 12 muffins.

16 comments:

  1. Great looking muffins..Will be trying this out soon..Nice recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dolly
    How are you? No updates from you for a long time.Muffins look yummy and love the eggless version

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowo that muffins look superly deliciously baked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dolly, nice to see u back with awesome muffins. They sure look soft and tasty.Perfectly baked too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. muffins looks soooo soft n perfect ...love the eggless version ....must try it

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dolly great to see you back...the muffins look so crumbly. delicious. now my son also has started eating and enjoying cakes...will make these for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Banana and walnut are made for each other.. looks so delicious yummy!!! looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey dolly, how r u doing?? Such a great picture, you're making me very hungry. This looks sooooo good..send me some dear..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Yummy muffins..... Scrumptious! BTW...Where were u? Good to read through your post.... back again..... Hugs)))))

    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fluffy cupcakes they are very well baked and gosh I feel like peeling a feel cover and having them right away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let the little prince know that he did a great job in making those muffins.
    I bake eggless just because it is challenging or I am baking it for my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey dolly...
    u have an amazing blog set up..what recipes yaar...u need to have ure own food network tv show..shall try some of ure recipes soon..and will tell u which ones turned out great..besides i am sure all will..they look so yummy..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was looking for an eggless muffin recipe.Thanks dear! will try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dolly,
    first time here, loving your beautiful space, with so many amazing recipes.. especially your cakes they look perfect and soooo professional..
    The muffins look great..
    have book marked your space, will b visiting often:)
    do drop in at my space sometime..
    aipi
    http://usmasala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious combo! Lovely muffins!

    ReplyDelete