Baked this Spongebob cake for my younger son's 3rd birthday.. Spongebob is a favorite TV show in our household. In fact I was introduced to Spongebob even before I had kids..thanks to my hubby..So it was only obvious I had to attempt this cake and got a wonderful opportunity when we were deciding what cake to bake for RiShawn...His birthday was September 25th..a bit late in posting this recipe...
Happy 3rd Birthday RiShawn....
A Special thanks to my little baking buddy , Jay for all the help in making this cake.. Its an eggless chocolate cake and have used buttercream icing.
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add oil, water and orange juice and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared 9 X 13 pan and bake for about 50 minutes to an hour. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before icing it. I baked the cake the previous night and let it cool overnight. Did the icing the next morning.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com