This is a super duper Easy recipe. This raita can be prepared in minutes.
In today's recipe the main ingredient is Yoghurt . Its also know as Curds or Dahi. Yoghurt has many health benefits which makes it a dietary staple in many countries including India.
Yoghurt is rich in Calcium, Potassium, Iodine, Phosphorus, Vitamins B2, B5, B6, B12 and protein. Its truly a wonder food.
Yoghurt prevents osteoporosis, reduces hypertension, boosts your immune system, prevents yeast infections, helps cure ulcers and helps your digestive system. It even cures bad breath. Also we have our age old remedies where yohurt is used to treat many skin and hair problems.
1) 2 cups yoghurt
2) 1 cup finely chopped onion
3) 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
4) 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
5) 2 tablespoons finely chopped Cilantro
6) 2 green chillies finely chopped
7) Raita Masala or Chat Masala to taste.
1) Whisk the yogurt in a bowl and add onions, tomato , cucumber and green chillies. Mix it well.
2) Season with Raita/Chat Masala/Salt. Garnish with Cilantro.
2) Ready to serve.
You can serve this with Biryani, Pulao or any spicy non-vegetarian food . You could serve this with Parathas too.