Some of the health benefits of Avocado :
- Prevention of Breast cancer and Prostrate cancer.
- Good for the health of your Eyes and heart.
- Helps in lowering Cholesterol.
- Prevention of Strokes.
- Known to be a Vitamin E Powerhouse.
- Excellent source of Glutathione which is an antioxidant which prevents aging,cancer and heart diseases.
For more detailed explanation of the health benefits please read here.
- 1 Avocado peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 Jalapeno chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- handful of fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 cup plain yoghurt whisked
- salt to taste
Here's a Basic Guide of How to cut and peel an Avocado.
Preparation : I Hope the following pictorial instructions are self explanatory. Just add all the ingredients in a bowl and adjust the seasoning (salt). Raita is ready to serve.
Tricolor Pilaf - Tiranga Pulao
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 1 cup corn frozen
- handful of raisins
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
2 tbsp Olive oil
- Wash and Soak 2 cups of rice in 4 cups of water. You will not need to add anymore water to make the pilaf. Just use this rice with the water. Keep this aside for around 15-20 minutes .
- Heat some oil in a pan . Add Cumin seeds. When they splutter, add peppercorns, and the freshly chopped ginger. Fry for about a minute.
- Add the raisins, grated carrot,peas and corn. Fry for a minute.Add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder. Then add the rice with the water which we had kept aside earlier.
- Let this cook uncovered on medium flame. Now when you see that most of the water has dried up (like 85-90%) set the stove to the lowest flame and cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes
- Your Pilaf is ready to serve with the Avocado and Mango Raita.
Now its award Time :