|Cornmeal Strawberry pancake|
According to our good friend Wikipedia, A pancake is a thin, flat cake prepared from a batter and cooked on a hot griddle or frying pan. Read more about pancake here.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 4-5 Sliced Strawberries for Garnishing
- Combine all the dry ingredients(1st 5 ingredients) in a bowl.
- Add the beaten egg and butter and mix well, followed by milk. Stir till smooth.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Pour about 1/4 cup pancake batter onto a hot nonstick skillet. Soon when you see bubbles on the top and the edges look cooked, turn the pancake. Let it cook for about a minute or so until its cooked. (Since I have used cornmeal in this recipe. I let it cook a little more so its cooked properly).
- Serve with Maple syrup and butter with Sliced Strawberries on the side.
- This recipe makes 4-5 pancakes.