Winter always inspires me to try out new Soups . The wintry cold, the snow and the shorter days just makes me a couch potato, enjoying the fireplace and watching movies or reading. So Soups are really your best choice, as they are quick, easy, healthy and one pot meals. What more can one ask for. So for those lazy days, this is a good recipe.
Also when I go grocery shopping and if I see a new vegetable or fruit. I'm always excited to try it out. So this escarole was bought by the intention of making soup out of it. It was sitting there in my fridge for couple days feeling sad, and I was feeling guilty that I did not use it sooner. So today was the day since it snowed this morning, and this is the soup we had for lunch.
- 1 bunch Escarole chopped
- 2 cups red kidney beans cooked
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic finely sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan and saute onions and garlic, until you no longer get the raw smell of onion/garlic.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped Escarole and fry until they reduce in size and wilt.
4. Add the precooked red kidney beans and season it with salt and red chilli flakes. Add the vegetable stock and water and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Soup is ready to serve . Serve with garlic bread or any Italian Bread.