You should find this in any Asian grocery store. Lotus roots is an integral part of Chinese and Japanese Cuisine too. This is how a Lotus Root look likes....
- 2 medium sized Lotus Roots/Kamal Kakdi
- 4 small potatoes diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4-5 green chillies slit
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon oil and some oil for shallow frying
- 2 tablespoon Freshly chopped Cilantro
3. Make a puree of onion, ginger and garlic. Also make another puree of the tomatoes. Heat oil in a pan or a pressure cooker. Add the onion/garlic/ginger puree and saute till golden brown. Add the tomato puree and saute till the oil leaves the masala.
4. Next add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Add the stir fried lotus roots and potatoes. Season with salt and add garam masala. Mix well.