This is a super duper easy recipe. The most important thing about this recipe is, its quick and can be prepared in minutes. The term "Jhatpat" basically means quick or something in a hurry.
Now many a times when I'm pressed for time I prepare this dish. The frozen vegetables I have used in this recipe consists of carrots, corn, peas, green beans and Baby Lima Beans. You could use your choice of mixed vegetables.
1) 2 cups frozen Mixed Vegetables (already chopped)
2) 1/4 cup cashew nuts
3) 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
4) 2-3 cloves of garlic freshy grated or finely chopped
5) 1 inch piece ginger grated or finely chopped
6) 1/2 cup tomatoes finely chopped
7) 4-5 green chillies slit lengthwise
8) 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
9) 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
10) 1 teaspoon cumin-coriander powder11) 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
12) 1-2 Whole red chillies (Optional)
13) 2 tablespoon oil
14) Salt to taste
1) Heat oil in a pan . Add the mustard seeds. Once they crackle, add the whole red chillies.
2) Next add the onions and saute it till golden brown followed by garlic and ginger and fry for a minute.
3) Add the cashew nuts and fry for about a minute and add the tomatoes and green chillies. Fry for about 2-3 minutes.
4) Add all our spices- turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin-coriander powder and salt.
5) Add the mixed vegetables. Cook on medium heat covered for about 8-10 minutes. Since I'm using frozen vegetables for this recipe it should'nt take more time. If you are using fresh vegetables cook for a little longer until the vegetables are cooked.
6) Serve with Parathas, Rotis or could be served as a side dish.