Gajar ka Halwa/Carrot Pudding is my favorite dessert. I must say Gajar ka Halwa is quite popular and needs no introduction. I was kind of suprised to see I don't have this recipe on my blog. I have made this dessert several times..and when I look back the reason being each time its made there's not even time to click pictures. The aroma of this delicious dessert is irresistible and its devoured in minutes.
- 4 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup mava powder
- 3 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 2/3 cup cashews, almonds, raisins
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan/Kadai. Fry the nuts. Add the grated carrot and fry for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add sugar and mix well. Now add milk and mix it well. Keep on low-medium heat and let it cook unil the milk has almost been absorbed. Keep on stirring from time to time.( This step takes the most time,but its all worth it when you see the results...)
- Now add the mava powder and mix it well. Cook on slow flame until the halwa starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Now add the cardamom powder and take it off the heat.
- Your Gajar ka Halwa is ready to serve. Best enjoyed warm or at room temperature. Could also be served with ice-cream.
- This recipe serves 4.