- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup red onion/5 shallots thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 green onions,thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small fresh red chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste (optional)
*** Fish sauce is recommended for this recipe, I have not used it though as we still have'nt acquired the taste for it yet , so its upto your discretion you could use it or leave it. Also salt is added when rice is cooked , thats the reason its optional.
1) Heat oil in a wok or a skillet and keep it on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds, or until light golden.
2) Add eggs and stir fry for 30 seconds.
3) Add rice, pineapple and soy sauce and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until rice has separated and all the ingredients are mixed well.
4) Garnish with green onions, cilantro, cashews and sliced chilles.