1) 2 cups gram flour (Besan)
2) 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
3) 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
4) 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
6) 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
7) 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
8) salt to taste
9) Water for the batter
1) In a bowl add all the above ingredients (1-8) except oil and water.
2) Now gradually add water and make the batter like a pancake or dosa consistency.
3) Heat a Tava (Griddle) and pour a ladleful of batter onto it. Put some oil/butter around the edges of the omelette. Cover and cook. Turn and cook the other side until golden brown.
4) Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
This recipe makes 6 tomato omelettes.