This is the recipe I had promised in my last post. This was the corn bread which really complimented our lettuce soup. Now if you are not really a fan of lettuce soup, thats alright you can still give this Corn Bread a try and you will love it just as is. I did add a little red chilli flakes and in my opinion it balanced the sweetness of this corn bread.
- 1/2 cup Indian Head Yellow Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and red chilli flakes.
- Add the butter at room temperature and mix.
- Mix egg and milk together and add to dry ingredients with a few swift strokes.
- Bake in greased bread pan for about 25 minutes.
- Corn bread is ready to serve. You could serve it warm right from the oven or cold.
- This recipe yields 10- 12 slices.