Parathas...I just love them . There are so many variations you could have. Its a complete meal by itself. Parathas could be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
For the paratha dough
- 2 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ajwain/carom seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
For the Stuffing
- 2 cups grated cauliflower/Gobi
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1" piece ginger grated
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp amchoor powder/dry mango powder
- salt to taste
- Mix all the Paratha dough ingredients mentioned above and knead the dough for the parathas. Keep it aside.
- Make the stuffing by mixing all the ingredients mentioned for the stuffing.
- Now divide the stuffing into 8 equal parts to make 8 parathas. Also divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Now roll each ball into a disc. Place the stuffing in the center and very gently bring the edges together and seal it on top. Now roll it again into a disc about 1/4 " thick. Cook the paratha on a hot griddle/Tawa using oil, butter or ghee. Cook on both sides applying oil/butter.
- Your Gobi Da Paratha is ready to serve with some yoghurt and pickle.
- I use the food processor to finely grate the Cauliflower. Its a great time saver.
- Make sure you squeeze all the water/juice from the cauliflower or it will be hard to roll the parathas.
- If you find hard to roll parathas this way you could do it the layering way. Roll one disc. Place the filling and then place another disc on top and roll it just a bit.