This is an easy recipe and except garlic it just uses the dry spices. Sometimes you need a little change in the way you prepare a particular dish. Sometimes I like to be a minimalist -just use lesser ingredients. Here the main flavor would be of garlic. You could make this Aloo Gobi without Garlic too if you are not much into garlic.
1) 2 medium size Potatoes(Aloo) diced
2) 1/2 Cauliflower(Gobi) chopped into medium size florets
3) 1 cup frozen or fresh Peas
4) 5-6 cloves of garlic freshly grated
5) 1-2 whole red chillies
6) 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
7) 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
8) 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
9) 1 teaspoon chilli powder
10) 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
11) 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder)
12) 1/3 cup heavy cream
13) Salt to taste
14) 3 tablespoon Olive oil
15) 1 cup water
* You Could use regular oil too.
1) Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add the Mustard seeds. When they splutter add Cumin seeds. Wait for it to splutter and add the whole red chillies.
2) Add freshly grated garlic and saute till you no longer get the raw smell of garlic.