Wishing all Mothers a Very Happy Mother's Day. A quick and easy recipe for healthy and delicious Brownies to win your mother's heart and make her feel special.
Also have been away from blogging for almost a month now and feel so happy to post a recipe today. April had been an extremely busy month. It just seems all like a blur now. Both the kids were sick one after the other. One had extreme allergies and just when we thought things looked good for him, the younger one had the stomach flu. Then again when we thought oh he looked good and went back to school, there was something else. Our dear dish washer died on us. We thought it was time to retire our trusted old friend and soon had a new dish washer installed a week later. You can imagine how life suddenly gets extremely chaotic. Things are back to normal for now.
Also when life stresses me out, I just turn to baking. I find it very therapeutic. I love to try new ingredients while baking and even cooking. For these Brownies I have used Soy flour and the brownies turned our delicious and moist. Also it was a little treat for all of us for having survived the month of April.
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Soya bean flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 baking pan.
- In a bowl combine both the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl mash the bananas. To this add milk, vanilla and mix it well.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix it well so that there are no lumps.
- Add the chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- Pour the Brownie batter into the baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes and then cut it into the desired size. I got 24 brownies from this recipe.
Recipe adapted from : Daily Garnish