Wishing all of you my wonderful readers, A Happy Valentine's Day. !!!. Though many consider Valentine's Day a Hallmark holiday for me its my favorite holiday. I love this day so much , which explains my wedding anniversary to be on Valentine's Day. This was the only prerequisite I had when wedding arrangements were going on and when asked what would I like, there was only one thing on my wishlist - to get married on Valentine's Day... This day does have a magical effect on people.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cut spinach
- 3 medium sized potatoes- boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup broccoli finely chopped
- 1/2 Avocado mashed
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Amchur powder(dry mango powder)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- oil for shallow frying
- In a Colander, run the frozen spinach under running hot water and squeeze all the liquid and make it as dry as possible. You could even thaw the spinach by keeping it out and once its at room temperature just squeeze the liquid.
- Now in a bowl, add the spinach, chopped broccoli , Avocado, mashed potatoes, Jalapeno pepper, ginger, Cilantro, salt, amchur powder and mix it well. Next add the lime juice and mix. Add the bread crumbs.
- Divide the mixture into 12 -14 equal portions. Shape it into the desired shape. You could even make it heart shaped for Valentine's day. I just made them into round disk shapes(like tikkis) and elongated kebabish shape.
- Shallow fry on a griddle or a Tawa. Just fry for couple minutes on each side till you get a nice golden brown color.
- Ready to serve with tomato ketchup or green cilantro chutney. This Recipe serves 4.