This Bhindi/Okra recipe is quick and easy to prepare. The main key ingredient is Cilantro/Coriander. This recipe uses freshly chopped Cilantro and also uses dried powdered Cilantro.
- 1 pound Bhindi/Okra
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 " piece of ginger cut into julienne
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp cumin-cilantro powder
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Wash and dry the Bhindi/Okra. Cut both the ends and slit them horizontally.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When they splutter add the onion and fry till golden brown. Add the chopped tomato and ginger. Fry for about a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin-cilantro powder and freshly chopped cilantro. Fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Bhindi/Okra and salt. Mix well. Cook covered over medium to low flame till almost cooked. Stir occasionally. Cook uncovered on high flame for the last 2-3 minutes till Bhindi Masala is fully cooked.
- Bhindi Masala is ready to be served. This recipe serves 4.