Recipe adapted from here. What I like about this recipe is that the muffins have a beautiful crumb topping which makes them irresistible.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the crumb Topping:
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line your muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a bowl sieve together flour and baking powder. Now add sugar. Mix well.
- In another bowl add the egg(beaten), oil, milk, orange juice. Whisk it well.
- Add this to the dry ingredients and mix well. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Now time to prepare the crumb topping-Mix together the topping ingredients until they have a crumb like consistency.
- Fill the muffin cups with the muffin batter almost to the top.
- Sprinkle them with the crumb topping. Ue liberal amounts.
- Bake for about 20 -22 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Voila you have your blueberry muffins.