This is another quick and easy recipe. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. Dosa (savory Indian Crepes) are very versatile in that regard. They can be enjoyed with any chutney of your choice- Cilantro Chutney and Coconut Chutney being my favorite or pair it with spicy Sambar (Pigeon pea soup with Vegetables) or just have it with a filling of delicious potato and onion with some coconut chutney on the side.
As a working mother I'm always eager to try out out new recipes which are easy to prepare and high in nutritional value too. This recipe happens to be what we experimented in our kitchen and I was pleased with the results. I always love to involve my kids in the process of trying out new recipes. It makes them feel like they are little food scientists and the perk for me is they love eating the newly experimented food too. So a win-win for all of us.
Now this recipe was created on the spur of the moment and luckily it turned out delicious. I have made it twice since. When you try this recipe I'm sure you'll agree with me this one is a keeper.
|Oats- Super Healthy food : Lowers Cholesterol, Good for the heart, lowers risk of Type 2 diabetes, Stabilizes blood sugar|
Boosts your immune system, Great source of fiber and Selenium. For more health benefits read here.
- 1 cup old fashioned Oats
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup Semolina /Sooji/Rava
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 cups water
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped (optional)
- fresh Cilantro chopped (optional)
- salt to taste
- Grind the Oats.
- Then in a bowl mix the powdered oats with 1 cup rice flour and 1/4 cup Semolina.
- In another bowl take 1 cup of yogurt and add about 4 cups of water. Whisk it well. It will be like buttermilk consistency.
- Now add this buttermilk to the dry flour mix while whisking at the same time to avoid any lumps. Mix it well. Cover and keep it aside for 10 -15 minutes. ( If you think you are rushed for time you can make them right away as well).
- Just before making the Dosa / Crepes add chopped green chillies, chopped cilantro and salt.
- Heat a griddle/Tawa. When its hot, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle. Now this is the most important part and may require some practice. These have to be made like Rava Dosa. You pour the batter in a circular motion forming the outside circle and then the batter just flows towards the center and fills it up forming a circle. Apply some oil/ghee around the Dosa. Once its cooked turn it and let it cook on the other side.
- Your Super Healthy and Delicious Instant Oats Dosa / Savory Oat Crepes is ready to be served. This recipe makes 16 - 18 Dosa/crepes. Enjoy it with any Chutney of your choice or with delicious Sambar.