I know I say this too often now, that this again is another of my quick and easy recipe. What can I do I just fall in love with recipes which could be made in a jiffy and still taste delicious. I have used Ragu cheesy double cheddar sauce in this recipe. You could use Cheddar cheese or Velvetta cheese if you do not have this. Enjoy this soup.
- 3 cups Broccoli florets (steamed or blanched) *
- 1/2 cup Ragu Cheesy double Cheddar sauce
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- black pepper
* If you want to save some more time, just cook/steam the broccoli in microwave for 3-4 minutes. I just wash the broccoli and cook/steam it covered. No need to add any water as when you wash the broccoli it will retain some water.
- In a saucepan melt butter on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute till you no longer get the raw smell.
- Add flour and mix it really well and cook it for about couple minutes ( Keep stirring continuously or else the flour will stick to the bottom of the pan and will burn easily.) The flour will get a beautiful golden color
- Add milk and mix it well making sure no lumps are formed. Next add the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Add your broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Cover and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Finally add the Ragu cheesy double Cheddar Sauce. Mix it well. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes. Your Broccoli and Cheese soup is ready to be served. This recipe serves 4.