Wishing Everyone a Happy Diwali and a Prosperous new year.
Ladoos are a favorite around this time of the year. I could'nt decide whether I should make besan or Rava(Sooji) ladoo so ended up making Besan Rava ladoos. I'm also a last minute person (could call myself a queen of procrastination.). Finally made my ladoos before Diwali.I remember as kids preparation for Diwali began ahead of time.You had the Diwali cleaning , Diwali lights, Sweets preparation, buying new clothes and fireworks. You could see beautiful Rangoli at the door steps. Beautiful Diyas....so many beautiful memories.
Here in the States you are thousands of miles away from home. So making these ladoos brings India right into our kitchen. Yeah, I guess I'm getting a bit carried away.
- 2 cups besan (chickpea )flour
- 1 cup Rava (Semolina)
- 1 cup melted Unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder( freshly ground)
- Milk if required
1) Heat a pan (thick bottom preferred). Add besan and rava into it. Then add the melted butter.
Now keep on roasting it on a slow flame. The intention is to keep roasting till you no longer get the raw smell of besan.
2) Then take it to a big bowl and add the sugar, almonds and cardamom powder. Mix well.
3) Wait for a few minutes till the mixture cools down a little just enough so that you can make them into ladoos.
4) Now I did add a little milk around 1/4 cup and mixed it well and started making ladoos right away.