Broccoli contains several vitamins(high percentage of Vitamin A and Vitamin C) and nutrients that have been proven useful in fighting diseases like cancer and heart problems. Also it is a good source of dietary fiber as well as Calcium. So in short its good for you. This is an appropriate soup for this cold weather.
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup onions chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable stock / water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a pan. Saute the onions and garlic till golden brown.
- Add the Broccoli florets and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and cook covered for about 10 -15 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Now puree in a Blender.
- Transfer it back to the pan and add milk and stir it well. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with Salt and pepper and add the heavy cream. Let it simmer for about another 2-3 minutes.
- Ready to serve. This recipe serves 2.